Saturday 20 May 2017

You may search my time-worn face, You'll find a merry eye that twinkles
I am NOT an old lady
Just a 
little girl with wrinkles.
Happy Saturday campers - how are my born in '56 and later friends doing! I walked into the garage twice today before I remembered what the heck I'd gone in for!!! Do you do that?? 

So! I called this page and group Fab from 56 and my intention was for it always to be upbeat and inspirational - but actually that's blooming hard work on it's own......... because when I wake up in the morning and my legs have to find themselves the ability to move and I try not to 'ohh' and 'ahh' as I hobble out for the first pee of the morning (definitely) not the first pee of the night, it doesn't actually feel that frickin fabulous!  

My left knee won't bend as much as it used to and I think I'm perfecting the art of the old lady waddle! You know the one............rock from side to side like you're on that perpetual boat! My left hip aches if I dare to lay on it for longer than a couple of hours (chance would be a fine thing) and my right toe aches if its too damp!!!!!

Now tell me what the feck is there to be cheerful in that! Please don't remind me I'm alive - I think that (gratefully) when I look in the mirror every morning. BUT I've also stopped arranging any meetings early in the morning as my face needs much more than a coffee and a yogurt to de-crease itself! 

So what shall I do to cheer myself up this afternoon (apart from write these ramblings and bore you lot to death) I think I'll buy some new life enhancing make up! Givenchy to be precise - beautiful pots and containers and just seeing the pictures on the web cheer me up! Look at that cute little perspex pot with that colour just waiting to sculpt my cheeks....... yes cheeks! No flipping cheekbones anymore but still have cheeks! 

Oh........ and I have a holiday to look forward to in 2 weeks time - but more about that later, 

Enough for now (Thank the heavens for that I hear you cry!) 

Much love

Liz x x x







No comments:

Post a Comment